SECTION 1 - Whose Personal Information Do We Collect
Melesul collects personal information from a range of individuals in the context of our business activities, including from the following: customers; individuals that use, or otherwise access, our Site; individuals who visit our premises or facilities; representatives of our suppliers, customers and other business contacts; contractors and similar types of workers; individuals related to, or otherwise affiliated with, our Company's employees; and, individuals who contact us by any means.
SECTION 2 - The Types Of Personal Information We Collect
The type of personal information that Melesul collects depends on our relationship with the particular individual. Generally, we collect the following types and categories of personal information:
- Identity data, such as your name, billing, shipping and residential address, e-mail address, and telephone number.
- Registration data, such as information provided by you when you register for an account to use our Site, including usernames and passwords.
- Business contact data, such as information related to employees, owners, directors, officers, or contractors of a third-party organization (e.g., business, partnership, sole proprietorship, nonprofit, or government agency) with whom melesul may conduct, or possibly conduct, business activities.
- Recruitment data, including information derived from employment applications or submitted in connection with a job posting or inquiry.
- Marketing and communications data, including your marketing preferences and your subscriptions to our publications or marketing materials.
- Transaction data, including orders for our products and services and details of payments to and from you, including purchase history and preferences and (limited) payment card information, and your past purchase and transaction history.
- Your feedback and comments, including comments or any statements you provide to us through the Site.
When you do not provide personal information that Melesul requests, we may not be able to provide you the requested service or complete a transaction, and you agree that Melesul will not be liable or otherwise responsible for any damages or loss arising from such circumstances.
SECTION 3 - How We Collect Personal Information
Most often, Melesul obtains personal information directly from individuals themselves. For example, when an individual undertakes the following activities, we generally collect their personal information:
- Use or access our Site and/or complete one of our web forms.
- Contact our customer service centers or request information from us in any other way.
- Visit one of our locations or premises.
- Submit an order to, or make a purchase with, Melesul.
- Apply to a job posting or otherwise submit an employment application.
- Provide us personal or business contact information via a business card or through similar communications.
- Complete a survey or otherwise provide us feedback.
- Register your product for warranty service or submit a warranty claim.
- Report product/service issues.
- Communicate with us via social networking websites, third-party applications, or similar technologies.
- Visit one of our trade counters at an exhibition.
In accordance with applicable law, we may collect personal information about you from third parties, which we may combine with the information we already hold about you in order to promote our legal or business interests. If you provide personal information about a third party, then you expressly represent and warrant to Melesul that you have the full right and lawful authority to provide Melesul with the information.
SECTION 4 - How We Use Your Information
Melesul may use personal information for several business and administrative purposes, or to further our legal or other business interests. Generally, we use personal information for the following reasons:
- Services and transactions. We may use your personal information to execute transactions and deliver services to you that you have requested, including by providing you information on our products or services, answering customer service requests, facilitating the use of our Site, sending information to customers about the status of orders they placed with us, processing and collecting payments, and sharing phone numbers, shipping address, and item descriptions (including but not limited to, model number and brand) with delivery partners to facilitate prompt and efficient delivery. We also use personal information to facilitate order confirmations, invoices, technical notices, updates and security alerts, and support and administrative messages. For the avoidance of doubt, in the event you provide melesul with a telephone number as part of your registration to the Site or as part of a purchase or transaction with us, you hereby consent and agree that melesul (or our service providers) may contact said telephone number by any means (including SMS/text message) for service and transactions purposes.
- Marketing. In accordance with applicable laws and regulations, we may use your personal information to inform you of our products or services which may be of interest to you, and to otherwise communicate with you about offerings, events, news, surveys, special offers, and related topics. You are able to opt-out from marketing communications sent via e-mail at any time, free of charge, by using the "unsubscribe" link in any e-mail marketing materials you receive from us.
- Talent Management. In connection with a job application or inquiry, you may provide us with information about yourself, such as a resume/curriculum vitae, professional references, information about education and employment experience, and information about professional training and certifications. Melesul may use this information for the purpose of employment consideration, background checks and employment eligibility, and as otherwise set forth in any separate privacy statement or other notice made available to in connection with your application. We may use a third party (e.g., job recruiter) or social media platform to solicit, collect, and retain employment applications and inquiries.
- Security and Enforcement. We may use the personal information we collect in order to detect, prevent and respond to fraud, intellectual property infringement, violations of our terms and conditions, violations of law or other misuse of our Site, products, or facilities. We may use personal information to administer and protect our business and our Site, including system maintenance, support, reporting and hosting of data. We may use personal information to protect the health and safety of our employees, contractors, customers, and others in our community.
- Legal and Business Interests. We may use personal information to promote, defend or protect our legal, regulatory, or business interests, including enforcing contracts and other agreements. For example, we may use your personal information to help persuade retailers to carry our products.
SECTION 5 - Sharing Your Personal Information With Others
Melesul does not sell, lease, or rent personal information on any individual, including minors, to a third party for profit or other valuable consideration. We may, however, share your personal information with selected third parties in accordance with applicable law, including as set forth below.
- Service Providers. We may share your personal information with other companies with whom we have contracted to provide services on our behalf, such as hosting our Sites, conducting surveys, processing transactions, facilitating our marketing activities, providing customer service, performing analyses to improve the quality and security of our business, Site, products and services.
- Delivery Services. We may share your personal information with third parties to deliver our products and other items and to engage in similar routine business functions.
- Business Restructuring. Circumstances may arise where Melesul decides to sell, buy, divest, merge or otherwise reorganize our business. We may disclose information we maintain about you to the extent reasonably necessary to proceed with the negotiation or completion of a merger, acquisition, bankruptcy, divestiture, or sale of all or a portion of Melesul's assets.
- Disclosure for Other Reasons. We may disclose personal information (i) if required by law or government order, or with a legal process, (ii) to protect and defend our rights or property, or (iii) in urgent circumstances, to protect the health and personal safety of any individual. In addition, Melesul may share your personal information with any third party when we believe such disclosure is necessary to defend or protect our legal, regulatory, and business interests. We may also disclose your information upon your express consent.
SECTION 6 - Third-Party Links, Social Media Widgets, Single Sign On
SECTION 7 - Data Retention
SECTION 8 - Information Security
SECTION 9 - No Personal Information Collected from Children
SECTION 10 - Your Responsibilities
SECTION 11 - Cookies, Digital Advertising Tools, Online Analytics
SECTION 12 - Email Marketing and Opt-Out Requests
SECTION 13 - Text/SMS Message Consent; Opt-Out and Notice Obligations
You may, in your sole discretion, provide Melesul with your mobile telephone number in order to receive text messages from us, such as messages and alerts related to our products, events, and/or promotions. By providing us with your mobile telephone number, you (i) expressly represent that you are the owner of, and have the authority to provide, the mobile telephone number to us for these purposes, and (ii) hereby consent to receive from us automated marketing text messages at the mobile telephone number so provided. You further acknowledge that your consent to receive automated marketing text messages from us is not, in any form or manner, contingent upon, or required to make, a purchase for goods or services. Standard text/SMS message and data rates will apply and you should check the rates of your mobile carrier prior to providing us with your mobile telephone number. You can opt-out from further text marketing communications by texting STOP to the SMS number used by us to contact you or by contacting us directly in accordance with the "Contact Us" section listed below. We may share your mobile phone number with service providers with whom we contract to assist us with our marketing activities or delivery services, but we will not share your mobile phone number with third parties for their own marketing purposes without your consent. Because text messages are distributed via third-party mobile network providers, we cannot control certain factors relating to message delivery. Depending on your mobile carrier, it may not be possible to transmit the text message to you or your mobile device successfully; nor is our content available on all carriers. We do not claim or guarantee availability or performance of this service, including liability for transmission delays or message failures. Without limiting any of the foregoing, you hereby agree that you will immediately and without delay (and within 72 hours) notify Melesul in the event you no longer are the owner of any mobile telephone number provided to Melesul or have the authority to use any such mobile telephone number to receive text messages.
SECTION 14 - California Consumer Privacy Act
SECTION 15 - Nevada Privacy Rights
SECTION 16 - European Data Protection
SECTION 17 - Do Not Track Signals
SECTION 18 - Persons with Disabilities
SECTION 19 - Rewards and Financial Incentive Programs
SECTION 20 - We Do Not Sell Personal Information
SECTION 21 - Events and Video Teleconferencing
SECTION 22 - Public Forums
SECTION 24 - Contact Us
For more information about our privacy practices, if you have questions, or if you would like to make a complaint, please contact us by e‑mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.